Hi, my name is Whitney Sande and I was born and raised in Santa Cruz. I have always had a passion in art and I began my journey by going to college and majoring in fine arts. While I was in college, I got a job as a make up artist and quickly fell in love with the industry. I worked for a salon called Atelier, (an Aveda salon on Santana Row in San Jose) doing mainly wedding and special events makeup. It soon became very clear that this was something I wanted to do forever. So I went to the Aveda Institute in San Francisco, where I got a high level education. At the Institute I achieved recognition by earning two awards, Best in Customer Service and Best in Product Knowledge. I loved Aveda for being an environmentally conscious company and having a strong mission statement about making the world a better place, something I find in this industry very inspiring. I then furthered my education at Oxenrose Salon also in San Francisco. Oxenrose had a strong creative team where we did avant garde photo shoots and fashion shows. I learned how to translate high fashion to the everyday man or woman. This was a great place for me because I love fashion and style, especially helping others find new and refreshing looks through their hair.
I am happy to be back in Santa Cruz. I started working at L’Atleier Salon and was there for 3 years. I feel very fortunate to have found Stranded Beauty Bar. My goal as a stylist is to help my client find what is best for their hair and style. In working with my clients I love to help educate them in developing styling techniques and product choices. I feel one of the most important parts of the service is the consultation and I take that very serious. I want to get to know your challenges and help solve any hair issues you may be having. I hope to be apart of creating your look.
I am very inspired to continue my education. I have felt very blessed to have worked with and attended classes with some of the most amazing hairdressers. I have furthered my education through Aveda, Oxenrose, L’Oreal Professional, Kevin Murphy, Label M, American Board of Certified Hair Colorist Energizing Summit, Bumble and Bumble, Oribe, Hothead Hair Extensions, and DiPietro Todd Academy. I am also Deva Certified which is about cutting curly hair dry. I am always furthering my education, and love to evolve as a stylist.
- Color Correction
- Balayage – Free hand painting technique to create natural free falling dimension.
- Ombre – Creating depth by darkening the roots and lightening the ends. Created to imitate what the hair would do naturally from the sun. Can also be done more dramatic to look bold.
- Grey Blending to Full Coverage
- Dry Cutting Curly Hair/ Deva Certified
- Precision Haircuts
- Extensions – Create length or abundance.
- Keratin Complex – Smoothes out unruly and frizzy hair. Doesn’t straighten but will smooth curls.
- Clarifying Treatments – Removes hard water build up and chlorine from hair. Makes your hair color adhere better and look more true to the desired tone.
- Bold Looks
- Natural Looks
- Men’s Cuts
- Color Correction – $100/hr
- Balayage – Starts at $100
- Ombre – Starts at $120
- Grey Blending to Full Coverage – Starts at $90
- Dry Cutting Curly Hair/ Deva Certified – Starts at $65
- Precision Haircuts – Starts at $65
- Extensions – Starts at $400
- Keratin Complex – Starts at $125
- Clarifying Treatments – $65
- Men’s Cuts – Starts at $40
- Highlight/Lowlight – Starts at $100